Monday, January 6, 2014

To early for Independence?

Yesterday was cold. That term has become relative though.  What really is cold? Sometimes -10 feels warmer than +22 with a strong wind.  5 degrees outside is really cold, but 50 degrees in the house is "freezing".  Anyway yesterday evening before it got dark Loreli decided she wanted to go outside.  It was 1 degree, but no wind so you be the judge of where that cold ranks.  I didn't want to go outside then, and Katy didn't want to go outside then, so for selfish reasons we told our child "no, it's too cold."  So she just went and got all of her snow clothes and put them on herself.  I thought this was an impressive feat for a 3 year old. She got her snow bibs, boots, coat and even got the zipper on the coat started.  She did need help with the mittens and hat, but then she went outside.  Like a good father I maintained my position and let her go by herself, but I did watch from the window, and when I wasn't I set Jack at the post, so she was always being looked out for.


Oh Loreli, by the way.  Since you are out there already, why don't you shovel off the porch. That's a good girl.




Jack manning the post, while drooling greek yogurt on my window.

No comments: