Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easters!

 On Friday we made these delicious egg hunt cookies that I found on this site. Even though they look kind of different, they were super yummy! Give 'em a try!



And here is MaceyJo modeling the yummy basket of cookies.

 

Every year on the Saturday before Easter Jack and Gena hide a billion eggs with all sorts of goodies and money! This was my fourth year participating and was my greatest haul yet with $31! I think it had something to do with Mysha not being around...she's ruthless! Just kiddin' Mysh, we missed you!

Here is the gang before the hunt.


Even Loreli wanted to hunt! She found a basket just her size. But the basket was more for gnawing on than for putting plastic eggs in.


About an hour before the hunt we saw nine deer in the pasture sniffing and kicking our eggs around. Don't worry, they didn't take all the money...only $3. Well, that's what I'd assume since 3 eggs have not been found still. Somewhere there's a deer with a hurty tummy.


Trinity and I at the end of our hunt.


The rest of the gang.


After everyone emptied their eggs we returned them to the big box and Loreli had an egg (not a ball, an egg) playing with all of the brightly colored eggs. I think she licked about every egg in the box.


 
It was Kade's birthday today too! Along with an awesome egg hunt he had a life long wish come true and got a pair of bionic legs! Good for him.


Also today, Jack built a boxy thing for our trailer that he picked up for us in Salt Lake yesterday. Seeing that trailer made me realize how soon we'll be moving into our house! So, I got serious and began to pack some things away. Yayy for moving into a house!
 

And last, but definitely not least is the cutest video of Loreli laughing! MaceyJo is a whiz at getting this kid to laugh and I finally got to get a bit on video! Yaaayyy!



I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!



4 comments:

Kristen Ellen said...

Awwwww I love this whole post. Cute yellow boots! Loreli is adorable and i love her laughs. I also wanna try those cookies next year!

Mysha said...

Those cookies, while festive, look like they might give someone clenchy bowels!

Shea and Katy Roberson said...

The cookies were not the culprit this weekend. No that was the egg salad. Everyone who ate it (everyone but me) had some serious gas. Poor MaceyJo about died.

Macey said...

How embarrasing. But I really did almost die.